div#ContactForm1 { display: none !important; }

Friday, December 1, 2017

The Bibliophile Sweater Tag




Hello, my lovelies!

I was tagged by the very sweet Abigail McKenna over at Novels, Dragons, and Wardrobe Doors for the Bibliophile Sweater Tag (created by Mary Liz over at Sunshine and Scribbles)

The way it works is fairly simple- there are eleven prompts, based off different types of sweaters and I get to pick books that fit those prompts for me. So without further ado, I shall do just that!


Fuzzy sweater (a book that is the epitome of comfort)- The Princess Companion
I first came across this book a little over a year ago. I had been sick for almost a week, I was very behind on my NaNo word count, and I just wanted something happy to read. I found this book on Amazon and figured “Why not give it a try?”

I plan to give it a full review at some point but for now suffice to say that I love this book so much. It’s exactly the sort of book I want to write- retelling, sweet romance, great characters, slightly idealistic, well-told and fun to read.



Striped sweater (book which you devoured every line of)-The Forbidden Wish
I reviewed this book a few months ago but when I saw this prompt I knew there wasn’t any other book I could choose.

This story has the most incredible prose that even if you don’t like the story- which I did- every line is a treat to read. It nails the 1001 Nights feel that delights me so. I cannot say enough good things about the prose of this book.




Ugly Christmas sweater (book with a weird cover)- The Wrath and the Dawn
When I saw this prompt my immediate thought was “MY TIME HAS COME!” I loved this book but I am more than a little bitter about the covers this book gets and will never pass up a chance to complain about it.

The story is a YA 1001 Nights retelling sent in an ancient Persia-esque world. But this cover doesn’t say “YA and Persian” to me, it says “Adult and Indian.”





Cashmere sweater (most expensive book you've bought)- Usborne Illustrated Classics Series
This one was hard for me to decide on just one book. I've purchased a lot of books in my life and I don't know for certain which one I paid the most for.

So instead I decided to feature this series. Each volume is costs more than I would usually pay for a book but they're all so spectacular and I think worth every penny in the long run. What can I say? I'm a sucker for colorfully illustrated fairy tale books.



Hoodie (favorite classic book)- 1001 Nights
There are a lot of classics that mean something special to me- Much Ado About Nothing, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Great Expectations, The Complete Brother's Grimm, or a myriad of other fairy tale collections. But to me my absolute favorite is the 1001 Nights (or Arabian Nights as it's also called).

The legend of Shahrazad will never cease to inspire, empower, and enthrall me. I cannot say enough good things about it and I hope someday I can share just what this character and her stories mean to me.


Cardigan (book that you bought on impulse)- Cloaked in Red
I get these great emails from Goodreads that keep me informed about e-book deals they think I might like. I got this book for $1.99 and was able to add the Audible book to it as well for another $1.99.

A friend had mentioned it to me a while before and so as soon as I saw it I was just like “Yup, gonna buy that!” Didn’t even think twice. (And I’m going to be reviewing it next Friday so be sure to check back for that!)




Turtleneck sweater (book from your childhood)- Princess ofthe Midnight Ball
This is another book I plan to review in depth at some point.

I will never forget the day I found this at the library. I remember thinking it looked/sounded amazing but something kept me from borrowing it. I never forgot it though and one day maybe a year later I made up my mind I was going to find it. Except I only knew it had “princess” in the title and it was a Twelve Dancing Princesses retelling. So I scoured the library shelves and looked at every book until I found it. It was well worth the search too!


Homemade knitted sweater (book that is Indie-published)- Corral Nocturne
I impulse bought several of this author’s books last weekend for Black Friday and I already started reading this one. The author lives in NY (which is cool for me, since most indie-authors seem to live in the mid-west and I’m just like “Here I am on the east coast, all by myself…”)

She also writes westerns and fairy tale retellings and she’s actually good at it so as you can imagine I think she’s kind of awesome.



V-neck sweater (book that did not meet your expectations)- The Merchant’s Daughter
I wanted to love this book with everything I had in me. And I really did try so hard. But in the end I just couldn’t. I wrote a REALLY ranty review about it on Goodreads but here suffice it to say, it didn’t live up to my expectations.

I'm getting angry now just thinking about this book. It's time to move on before I start ranting...



Argyle sweater (book with a unique format)- Bella at Midnight
This was the first book I ever read that was told in first person from multiple point of views. I know that isn’t super unique these days but this book is actually told from six or seven different points of view and it somehow works.

It’s a Cinderella retelling I stumbled across on accident when I was younger and I am so in love with this book. It’s so good!! I hope to review this book in depth someday as well.



Polka dot sweater (a book with well-rounded characters)- The Clockwork Scarab
I also reviewed this book a couple months ago.


I gushed about the characters and their relationships in great depth so I won’t do that too much here. But I do love these characters so incredibly much. Each and every one of them is great and engaging and I can’t wait to read the rest of the series!!



And then I'm supposed to tag someone else so I tag Hannah McManus and also anyone who reads this and is like "This looks cool." Because it is cool and you should do it :3 

I hope to see you on Monday! Until the next time we meet, don't forget to live happily ever after <3
~Jennifer Sauer, the Ivory Palace Princess

P.S. Let's Chat! What is your favorite kind of sweater from this list and what book fit the prompt for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment