div#ContactForm1 { display: none !important; }

Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Songs of a Favorite Nature

No questions this week, but since it’s the holiday, I figure you were all just busy. So, I’ll let you off the hook.

This time.

I thought I’d do something different this time.



Instead of listing random facts, in spirit of the holiday, I thought I would share you some of my favorite Christmas songs.

I have nothing against traditional Christmas songs. In fact, they are really great to sing. But, when it comes to preference, I am more inclined to go for nontraditional. That’s just my personality.

Also, you will notice very quickly that most of the songs are from Behold the Lamb of God, Let It Snow Baby… Let it Reindeer, and Christmas Stories: Repeat the Sounding Joy. If you would like, you can go listen to all of those right now and be done with it.

Or, you can read on and listen to just my favorites and learn why they’re my favorites.

All right, without further ado, my favorite Christmas songs, roughly in order from lesser favorite to most favorite:

Five Golden Rings
From: How Many Kings: Songs for Christmas by Downhere

Favorite Line: Just listen to it.



12 Days of Christmas
From Let It Snow Baby… Let It Reindeer

Favorite Line: What's a partridge?/ What's a pear tree?/ I don't know so please don't ask me/ But I can bet those are terrible gifts to get.



Matthew Begats
From: Behold the Lamb of God by Andrew Peterson

Favorite Line: All of them. This one can’t be explained. Listen to it. It’s wonderful.




In Like a Lion (Always Winter)
From: Let It Snow Baby… Let It Reindeer

Favorite Line: When February rolls around I’ll roll my eyes/ Turn a cold shoulder to these even colder skies/ And by the fire my heart if heaves a sigh/ For the green grass waiting on the other side







How Many Kings?
From: How Many Kings: Songs for Christmas by Downhere

Favorite Line: Definitely love the chorus: Cause how many kings, stepped down from their thrones?How many lords have abandoned their homes?/ How many greats have become the least for me?/ How many Gods have poured out their hearts/ To romance a world that has torn all apart?/ How many fathers gave up their sons for me?



I Celebrate the Day
From: Let It Snow Baby… Let It Reindeer by Relient K

Favorite Line: And I, I celebrate the day/ That you were born to die/ That I could one day pray for you to save my life.





Labor of Love
From: Behold the Lamb of God by Andrew Peterson

Favorite Line: Not so much a favorite line as a favorite concept. This is beautiful because of the idea, the story of the faith of Mary and Joseph. So many times we forget how greatly they were opening to being used by God.




Christmas for Jesus
From: Christmas Stories: Repeat the Sounding Joy by Jason Gray

Favorite Line: The opening lines: We celebrate Jesus once every year/ And, God’s little boy born into our kingdom here/ Is it Christmas for Jesus when I’m born into his?/ Is my heart the present He put on his list? (even typing it up now, I’m getting all teared up. <3 <3)





Forgiveness is a Miracle (A Song for Joseph)/ Man of Mercy
From: Christmas Stories: Repeat the Sounding Joy

Favorite Line: But the forgiveness that gave/ Would be given back to you/ Because you carried in your heart/ What she carried in her womb




Be Born in Me
From: Music Inspired by the Story performed by Francesca Battistelli

Favorite Line: All this time we’ve waited for the promise/ All this time you’ve waited for my arm and I am not brave/ I’ll never be/ The only think my heart can offer/ Is a vacancy




If you want to listen to them in succession without having to go through and play them all, here’s them all in a playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZY8ggLqeVIDgFulx42yAQ3iUGhqXnt7O


No comments:

Post a Comment