div#ContactForm1 { display: none !important; }

Monday, May 25, 2015

Summer Changes Coming to Within the Ivory Palace!

Greetings, faithful readers!

I did not forget to write on Friday. I skipped it. I was feeling really awful and it was a bit of a long day.

Plus, I told you all I was going to write about work. And, every time I think about writing about work I just don’t feel like it. I don’t want to talk about work. I don’t like work.

It’s okay. I have an office job, which is nice. I’m glad I’m not running around outside all summer. But, it’s hard and boring and I feel like a machine. Every morning at 8:30 (usually a little before) I turn on and I crank out productivity until 5. Then I go home, recharge, and start all over again in the morning.

And, that’s about all you’re going to get from me. Because the rest will just be complaining. And, you all don’t want to hear me complain. I’m sure any of you who work know how it is. It’s work.

So ready for the summer to be over.

Anyway! I’ve also got exciting news. We’re going to be doing things a little different here this summer. And, depending on how it goes, I might keep part of it permanent.

First of all (this part’s just for the summer): I’m suspending Candor Fridays. I need to revamp it and I just don’t have to time or energy this summer. If you have any questions you would like me to answer, please feel free to email me. It’s not the question answering part I don’t have time/energy for.

In place of that, I’m going to do a Throwback Thursday sort of a deal. Except it’s on Fridays. Every Friday, starting this Friday, through the summer, until I’m done working, I’m going to post a first chapter or short story I wrote when I was a teen. Most of the chapters, the story is completely revamped or I’m stuck with it, but I thought it would be fun for you all to see them. Plus, at the time I wrote them, I was incredibly proud of these chapters. So now I’ll be sharing them with you, starting this Friday.

And, then, the following Monday (first week of June :O) I’ll be starting a series of posts on writing. I’ve also got a series lined up for July and am brainstorming ideas for August. If you have any ideas for things you would like to see me write about, drop me a comment or an email. I’d love to hear your feedback and ideas.

So, this summer you’re going to get both a lot of posts on writing, as well as a lot of my own. So, I hope it’s a good summer for all of you. I know I’m very excited about it.


So, I’m back to work tomorrow. But, I’ll see you all on Friday. Hope you stop back for the first chapter of Return of the Archer- an unfinished (and now dead) sequel to The Crimson Banner.

No comments:

Post a Comment